We envision a world in which women in technical fields are proportionately represented and equitably compensated throughout the professional ranks in industry, academia and the public sector.
We aim to increase the persistence and success of women in technical fields to achieve this vision.
We work to promote the equitable participation of women as benchmarked against the participation of men in the tech industry, with regard to:
- Career longevity
- Career progression (attainment of senior-level positions of leadership)
- Career pathways (strengthening the “pipeline” for women to serve in technological roles and achieve leadership positions)
- Career recognition (equal compensation and advancement opportunities; awards; corporate and editorial board seats)
Interdisciplinary research findings will guide our work in:
- Advocating the adoption of meaningful diversity metrics by the tech industry
- Cultivating leadership skills and social acumen among women in engineering and computer science
- Increasing the visibility of female role models and facilitate mentorship of female students
- Enhancing awareness of implicit bias and promote effective interventions
- Paving new pathways to technology careers.